Food & Medications Preparation for Lodging
Guidelines for Food and Medication Preparation for Lodging
The health and safety of our guests is a top priority. Proper preparation of guest food and medications is essential to their care.
Any food left over at the end of the stay will not be returned. This policy allows for the proper storage of all food. Please follow the guidelines for preparation prior to check-in.
Preparation for food from home:
- Dry kibble and raw food should be portioned per serving in a clear zip lock bag.
- Label each bag with Last Name, Pet Name and Serving Amount (ex: ½ cup), brand and type. You do not need to put a date or time on the bag.
- Provide enough cans and/or prepare enough bags to cover each meal during the lodging stay. (Do not send more than one or two extra serving for the stay since extra food is not returned.)
- If the proper serving is placed in the bag, then it will be served to the guest per the owner’s feeding instructions—see Reservation Information form.
Raw food must be portioned per serving. Raw food will be kept in the freezer and properly thawed in the refrigerator before serving.
- All forms—including Feeding Instructions—should be completed prior to Check In and will be reviewed with you by staff before Check In is completed.
- No food will be returned at Check Out—this includes opened packages of wet food or additional clear, portioned bags of dry kibble.
- Medications must be in original packaging or veterinary-prepared containers.
- A label must include the Last Name, Pet Name, Medication Name, and Dosing Instructions—see Medication form.