Professional Dog Training
Play More, Learn More
- Could your dog benefit from some basic obedience training?
- Is social etiquette on your pet parent “to-do” list?
- Does your dog have trouble walking calmly while on a leash?
Green Acres puppy fundamentals and professional dog training programs are essential building blocks for a more fulfilling pet/owner relationship. Training paves the way to a more dynamic life outside of your home.
Build a better relationship with your dog through a solid foundation of socialization, communication, and basic essentials for everyday life.
Special offer for new clients:
Free Training Consultation
Meet with one of our training specialists to talk about your dog and identify your goals. This discovery session helps us design a training program tailored to fit the specific needs of you and your dog.
Dog Training DeForest, WI: Why Choose Professional Dog Training With Green Acres?
Because every dog is unique, obedience training is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Green Acres Pet Resort offers customizable programs or small group classes to choose from depending on your timeline, your goals, and the needs of your dog.
Our training experts will partner with you to:
- Identify your unique goals and expectations
- Create a customized plan focused on the needs of your dog
- Use purposeful distractions to model real life
- Build confidence through positive reinforcement
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to ensure confidence and lasting success
Ensure Responsiveness in Any Environment
Training is about establishing a language that your dog can understand regardless of who is providing the leadership. Our dog trainers use games and skill-building exercises to facilitate positive learning experiences. The dog works with multiple trainers and real-life distractions because the emphasis is on the skill and the expected outcome, not the person. Pet parents are guided through the training process and given support to continue working on the skills together at home.
For dogs older than 6 months, common training goals include:
- Basic obedience skills
- Proper greetings
- Focus and responsiveness amidst distractions
To learn more about socialization and training for your puppy, visit our Puppy FUNdamentals page.
Vaccinations must be current for adult dogs – Rabies, DAPP (Distemper combination), and Bordetella. A negative fecal check with Giardia test must also be submitted before your dog begins any training class or program.